Today I got up the courage to stitch into my grasses from yesterday. I think that it's coming along quite well. Nice smooth (mostly anyway) directionaly lines.
I took Debra's advice and used the first pieces as samples to test the stitching. I'm glad I did too as I quickly decided that black thread did nothing for it - even though there are black fabrics on it.
I don't have a walking foot so used by darning/free motion embroidery foot and tried my best to keep the speed relatively slow. There was a bit of breakage particularly in the lower left corner where the layers are quite thick.
Here's the sample that I did on the first piece. Not sure if you can see the black thread but it looked as though somebody had drawn over it with a black marker.
Oh, and I thought I show you my studio... It's a temporary studio - goes up on the weekends and is packed away during the week. The sewing machine is set up permanently in the office along withthe books, threads and the rest. But this is where I sat and cut and fused all weekend. THe ironing board is lowered so that I can sit and cut and place and iron, without disturbing anything.