Tuesday, June 01, 2010

My 'bridges' idea is starting to come together...

CIMG7467


I've found a couple of images that fit my original idea (I've explained before how I get a feeling for a project, but not exactly an image - this time I managed to find the images that matched the 'feeling' I was looking for) and have sketched and traced and layered and adjusted to create a design that will work - technically and visually.

CIMG7469

I can't wait to get started but there are a couple of other projects that I need to finish first...  hopefully my enthusiasm won't fade before I get the chance to start sewing.  Actually I don't think that will happen because I've actually developed this idea to the point of starting, and not just in my head! so even if  it takes a couple of weeks to get to it, I still know where I'm headed.


CIMG7460
This slow-growing scarf is one thing I must finish...  I love it - the way that it twists - but it's just a bit slow growing.  I've used one ball of the Noro Silk Garden so far and will definitely need 4 or maybe even 5 balls... I'd better keep knitting because I was planning on having this done by the weekend...

Something else that I was hoping to have finished by the weekend (and I haven't even started yet) is a Baguette Bag - a Nicole Mallalieu Design.  I have made this bag before and absolutely love it! but it takes a bit of concentration...

I think I may be a bit too ambitious here...


CIMG7463

No comments: