Monday, May 31, 2010

Mystery tour...

CIMG7440
Mural at the "Melbourne Story" exhibition at Melbourne Museum

On Saturday I took a girlfriend on mystery tour of another collection of my 'favourite places'.  This time it was the Bellarine Peninsula.  My friend has just moved back to Geelong and so we took some time to catch up and explore...

We started with KYO at Ocean Grove... a HUGE warehouse full of furntiure, homewares, textiles and more from around the world.  For me it's like an Aladin's cave of interesting "stuff"!!

Then we wandered the main street of Queenscliffe... I love Queenscliffe... I love the boutique clothes shops, antiques, second hand books, galleries, homewares, gourmet foods and the cafe's... and of course the ice-cream shop (although we didn't indulge in ice-cream... we were full froma gorgeous lunch and afters of hand-made chocolates and hot-chocolate....).

CIMG7443
Top Designs - Fashion students' work

On Sunday I took myself to the Melbourne Museum and was flooded with inspiration... the Top Designs 2010 exhibition (the works of VCE students) was impressive!! I would have love the opportunity to do works like that when I was at school - there was everything from fashion, furniture, film, photography, advertising and so much more. What was really impressive was the folio's that supported their work that included their research, inspirations, designs etc.

CIMG7447

I was also impressed with the animal display - and the buzz coming from the kids and families as they viewed it... And the bugs in display boxes always amaze me... I've done this before when I was at Uni and really enjoyed it (I don't think I have any photos) but still love the 'en-masse' display.

CIMG7454

My head is now swimming with ideas for my artwork! I'll have to write some down before they get lost because right now I'm still on the hunt for bridge images to satisfy last weeks inspiration...

CIMG7453

No comments: