Friday, May 28, 2010

Inspired!...

CIMG7434


Today for the first time I have been inspired to do something creative...  I won't start it yet... the idea is still developing and I have a weekend of visiting ahead of me, but the ideas are flowing, the search for images is on and the sketches have started...

It came with the quote that I posted earlier in the week:

CIMG7437
"The hardest thing in life is to learn which bridge to cross and which to burn" (David Russell)

I found it (on the internet of course!) when I was feeling pretty low.  I've been using quotes as a 'pick-me-up' or 'mantra'.  I re-wrote this quote onto a sticky-note (gotta love post-it-notes!) and it has been attached to my computer screen all week...and it really has helped to keep me focused on the "bigger picture".

This morning I made this rough journal entry using the quote - just as a reminder to myself of the quote...  and then I realised that this is my next project!!  Bridges...  There are heaps (and heaps) of bridge related quotes and sayings ... "build a bridge and get over it" and "it's water under the bridge" and "bridge the gap".  I don't intend to get too deep... it's simply that this quote has me thinking bridges and suddenly I can now see bridges 'working' in the type of images that I create.  It's one of those things where the image has meaning only to the creator...   I'm actually really excited about this one!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Love the 'new' look blog Sophie. The bridge idea sounds interesting.....can't wait to see your idea coming to fruition. Have a great weekend and talk to you through the little green bubble!!

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Love the quote!

bitchinatstitchin said...

I've got a heap of images of the Colonial era bridges in Singapore if you want them Soph