Thursday, April 29, 2010

Granny squares...

With all the wool sales around at the moment I've been just 'itching' to knit or crochet something...

So off I went to Spotlight on the weekend to see what I could pick up... After pawing all of the lovely 100% wools I ended up with 100% acrylic - not my favourite but it's cheaper!! So for $30 I got myself enough wool (I think) and crochet hook to crochet a blanket. Next step was to pour over the many, many, free patterns on the internet.

In the end I decided on simple granny squares - this way my blanket can grow as I make them, and if I lose interest, then I make what I can with what I have - be it a pillow, scarf or smallish blanket... The other benefit is that working on small squares isn't bulky and is a 'take-anywhere' type of project :)

So far I have made 4... They're all the same colour while I re-familiarise myself with crochet and the pattern and then I might start mixing the colours up. The wool that I have bought is all greens, 1 variegated 2 other solid greens and 1 taupe.

Will post some pics when I get the camera charged up...

No comments: