Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Knitting and crotchet fever...

Finally, pictures of my Granny squares. These were just to get me started... I'm not sure if they're too small, or if I want to mix up the colours or if I'll even go with some plain and some mixed colours - lots more decisions to make (and lots lots more squares to make).

CIMG7365

CIMG7367

In the mean-time I've gotten a bit distracted - not at all unusual I hear you say (particularly you Mum!). I found this wool and pattern at the stitches and craft show on Sunday and needed to give it a go. It grows quickly so I reckon I'll have this knocked over in no time and will be back to granny squares before you know it.

CIMG7370

CIMG7371

I also found a part-made crotchet rug (started more than 8 years ago - probably more like 9) when I went home to Mum and Dad's place in Queensland last week. It started out being one of those tartan crotchet rugs - from this book here - of course I don't know where the book is now... and for some reason I've chosen to use white, royal blue, yellow, black (and a bit of red I think). I'm not sure if the colours were from a specific pattern or my choice, but I thought i might try and finish it as well. I might have to see if I can get my hands on another copy of the book.

It's definitely knitting/crotchet weather in Melbourne...

No comments: