Monday, January 26, 2009

Quilting complete!

Wow! this walking foot is a dream. I've completely quilted my Japanese Kimono Quilt in a weekend (minus the little bit that I'd started 2 and a bit years ago). I've even attached the binding and whilst watching The Bourne Identity have hand-sewn one edge. We still have an other movie lined up - The Bourne Supremacy (is that #2?) - so I should get through another side.

As I sew I've also been making plans for this....



CIMG5445




It's an embroidered placemat, but I have no intention of finishing it - what's the point of one pretty placemat and I'm not doing more just to make a set of placemats that I'm not likely to use. Instead I'm thinking purse... or bag of some sort?...



CIMG5444



I'll keep you posted.

Update: - 2nd movie is done and I'm now halfway through. We still have The Bourne Ultimatum to go (#3) LOL! At this rate I should have it finished by the end of the week.

1 comment:

Mr X Stitch said...

That's a beautiful piece of work. High quality stuff! I likes it!