Saturday, January 24, 2009

Look what's on my desk!!

Japanese Kimono Quilt



I picked up my sewing machine on Friday - all serviced and running nicely again and all dust elephants removed.

I also purchased a walking foot. Something that I have needed but not wanted to fork out the dollars for. It is particularly necessary to finish this japanese kimono quilt that I started... hmmm.... umm... October 2006!! (wow - I didn't realise it was that long ago!) I had attempted to quilt it and had done a bit but gave up in frustration due to the puckering.

Today I started sewing with my new walking foot and am now 1/3 of the way through. A couple more sessions like that and it'll be done...

2 comments:

Trish Goodfield said...

Quilting is addictive that's for sure. I've just joined a local art quilt group. I think I will be starting very small.

Doreen G said...

Looking good Sophie---I bet you can notice the difference a walking foot make when you are quilting.
Worth every penny I reckon.