Monday, September 10, 2007

Charlotte Ziebarth - An inspiring quilt artist!!

I read about Charlotte Ziebarth in the August/September 2007 issue of Quilting Arts Magazine.

Charlotte is a quilt artist (or art quilter - however you want to look at it) who uses digital photos printed directly onto fabric in her quilts. Her main focus is nature - which certainly strikes a cord with me - and the imagery in her quilts is incredible. I particularly like the way that she's not afraid to repeat an image several times in one quilt, or to only use one image repeated in various sizes and colours.

I'd love to put an image of one of her quilts here but I won't for fear of copywrite contravention. Instead go to her website and browse through the galleries!!! I want to point you to a favourite but there are too many to mention - just go and look for yourself!!

Charlotte Ziebarth - www.charlotteziebarth.com

2 comments:

Frederique said...

Thanks for the link, the work of Charlotte Ziebarth is gorgeous!

margaret said...

She does wonderful work - what an inspiration.