Monday, August 06, 2007

Weekend Update!...

B and I spent the whole weekend at the snow - at Falls Creek. It was a fantastic weekend! Saturday was a bit miserable (weather-wise) with snow all day, clouds that kept foiling the views and the wind in the afternoon but Sunday was great. Sunday we got fresh snow to ride on and the sun graced us withits presence so that I could actually see where I was going and get my bearings.

Despite the number of people that seemed to be all over the mountain, the lines at the lifts were almost non-existent. We did learn something though - the restuarants seem to be booked at least a week in advance so we know that for next time. We did find somewhere to eat eventually and enjoyed yummy food and a warm cosy restuarant with some very nice mulled wine so it turned out well in the end - our back-up plan was a pizza delivered, which would have worked too!

OK - enough snow talk.

What's the reading for this week?... This week I'm reading Area 7 by Matthew Reilly . I've had this book for a while, and can't remember if I've read it or not (terrible huh!) I enjoy reading his books - they're fast paced and interesting - so I figure I'll read it again anyway.

I did finish Blood Ties and really enjoyed it - a great read.

I haven't picked up The Quilter's Book of Design again lately, but am hoping to have a chance this week.

Progress on the Bag... The bag is coming along slowly. I've set aside some time tonight to get some more done and hopefully to finish it soon. I will update you when It's done.

No comments: