Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What I'm reading now...



Beside my bed at home is...


"The Quilters Book of Design" by Ann Johnston.

Whilst I don't call myself a quilter, I picked up this book because I like Ann's way of looking at the principles of design. There are no 'projects' but there are 'challenges' which is the sort of thing that I'm looking for. I've decided to try and read from cover to cover (which I often don't do) and am finding that I am enjoying it. I do think that rather than just reading, that I should also be 'trying' as I go to really put it to the test.


Ann Johnston also wrote "Colour by Accident" which I have and "Colour by Design" which I want. You can find out more at her web site Ann Johnston


What I'm reading on the train...

A friend gave me this book last week "Blood Ties" by Sam Hayes. In her words "once you start you won't be able to put it down". She was right. I started reading it on Monday and I reckon I'll have it finished by tomorrow. An easy read but very absorbing.




1 comment:

Sarah E. said...

This looks like some good reading! Did you enjoy it when done?