Saturday, November 04, 2006

Weekend update



I worked today so no creativity so far this weekend. During the week however I managed to do some onion dyeing using alum and cream of tartar as a mordant. I've had the onion skins sitting in the garage for a few weeks now and haven't done anything with them until now (I scored them from a fruit and veg shop - one of the staff just happened to be de-skinning the onions when I was there and asked if I could have some - I got them all!!)

Tomorrow B and I have our first Sunday off together in what seems like forever. The last time was when he' hurt his back and that wasn't much fun - the time before was the V8 races at Sandown, and before that it would probably have been Christmas. We haven't decided what to do on this momentous occassion - perhaps a spot of fishing or some more beach-combing, or maybe even some snorkelling. I guess the weather will be the decider. Anyway, I don't suppose I'll get to do too much sewing so I think I'll pack the sketchbook and camera and see what I can come up with.

Here are a couple of pics from our last beach trip;

Looking down into a very shallow rock-pool.

No comments: