Thursday, November 09, 2006

Journal Quilts

There are quite a few images of people's journal quilts appearing around the net at the moment. This is something that I briefly looked at at the beginning of the year but didn't get around to it. Maybe this will get me going for next year. I'm not sure if I'll do it officially (with the group) or on my own yet - we'll just have to wait and see.

Here are a few that I've found today:

Maria Elkins 2006 Journal pages - these are interesting as they are a sort of mural that all link up

Pat's Art Journal - Some very effective designs using rather simple techniques free machine embroidery and not over-embellished. I particularly like March and November where Pat has used line to emphasise images/shapes created on the fabric using inks and bleach. You should also check out Pat's rust dyeing - makes me keen to do some more myself! Also lots of other scrumptious work. I;ll defitely be visiting this site again.

Helen Cowans of Textile Goddess has used the Goddess (from her blog title) as her theme. I like Helen's use of colour and the way she has used the Goddess image in each of her quilts

Sarah Ann Smith - I particularly like the 2004 Journal Quilts


I have also listed some more items on ebay. There are now a few more books and a whole bunch of cloth doll patterns. Check them out here

No comments: