I was all set yesterday to get in and do some dyeing. I'd pulled out the fabrics and decided on the colours and techniques that I was going to use. I'd even written down it all down (I find I need to do this when I dye - also helps when I've finished so I can record the colours/mixes).
But then I went to the cupboard to get out the dyes and chemicals, only to find I was completely out of soda ash (should have mentioned - I'm using procion dyes). Now I know that washing soda also works but I'm not sure if the stuff I have would, so I've bundled everything back into the cupboard until I can get to the dye shop to restock.
I haven't been completely idol though. I've had a go at a knitted-felted bag. I didn't have a pattern (tried to find one the other day quickly that didn't used circular needles - which I don't have- abut couldn't) so I just knitted a small rectangle, folded it in half and then felted it. It was really just a test to see if the wool I had (which had 5% acrylic) would felt and it did - well OK anyway.