2 Cups Self Raising
30g (1oz) butter
2 tsp sugar (or icing sugar)
1/2 cup milk and 1/4 water (or can use all milk in place of water)
- Mix sugar and flour together
- Rub in butter with fingertips (until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs)
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and pour in combined milk and water, and mix lightly with a knife
- Turn mixture onto a floured board and knead
- Roll out to about 2cm thick and cut into circles using a cutter or glass
- Pace onto a tray and bruch tops with milk
- Bake in a hot oven (200-220 degrees celcius)
For savoury scones, omit the sugar and add cheese and bacon.
For a change, roll the plain savoury scone mixture out flat (approximately 1cm thick) and cover with cheese and bacon. Roll up and then slice. Place pinwheel slices on a greased tray to cook. Great with soup!!