Thursday, August 05, 2010

Delicious disaster....

Last night I made myself a huge pot of yummy carrot soup (with ginger and orange). Sounds good doesn't it... full of vitamin C, ginger and garlic and all that good stuff to fight off the flu that I feel coming on...

Well it would have been yummy - it smelled great and the initial taste test proved positive - except that as I was serving it up I noticed some odd black bits... pepper perhaps? 

No.... turns out as I'd blended it, the rubber seal from the stick blender I'd used had disintegrated and unbeknown to me had then been blended further into the soup!!!!

Disappointed, I rang Mum to tell her of my disaster, and do you know what she did????  She laughed!!!  and I just had to laugh too... 'cause it really was funny!!! 

So instead of yummy, healthy soup for dinner - what did I have?... a glass of wine and a big bowl of strawberry's, ice-cream and chocolate sauce, followed by more chocolate!  They say that every cloud has a silver lining... and so my disaster had a delicious end.... :)

4 comments:

Jeana Marie said...

Oh my...that is funny! Glad you had a laugh and enjoyed your dessert-dinner :)
xo,
Jeana

Sophie said...

Oh I did!! I felt like a kid in one of those all-you-can-eat buffet places who skips the salads, pastas and hot foods and goes straight for desert!!!! hahaha!

But I will definitely be trying the soup again... when I get myself a new blender that is... :)

Sheeprustler said...

Rubber is a vegetable, you could have eaten it! The soup sounds yummy, but then so does the alternative :)

Sophie said...

Funnily enough it wasn't the rubber that bothered me as much as what 'else' might have been added as well.... who knows what that seal was holding in - ewww!!!

I did try straining it, but only ended up with juice and I still wasn't game...

but YES the alternative was soooo worth the hassle of a failed recipe!!