Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Direction....

CIMG7405

Thanks to Penny of  Sosewpoppy I now have direction for my granny squares...

The granny squares have me hooked and I'm seeing them everywhere at the moment.  I like them because:
  1. I'm happy to work with patterns and structure at the moment - it keeps me doing, without having to plan too much...
  2. I can work small making it portable and easy to pick up without dragging out boxes of 'stuff'
  3. If I get bored before I finish, I can adjust the project to be something smaller - or more to the point it keeps growing as I make and stops when I stop...
Penny has been making the Babette Blanket and suggested I do a Google Image search.... I did... and I fell in love... So yesterday I bought the pattern - online in PDF so no waiting!!!

And I would have made a start on it last night, if I could only work out if what I was doing really was double-chain...  I know i have a number of books that would show me exactly how to do it, but they're all in storage at the moment...

Instead I worked on knitting this last night...

CIMG7398

No comments: