Thursday, November 27, 2008

Look what's finished (well almost!!) - Photo overload

CIMG5224

Sue's Japanese quilt is now fully bound! I'm so happy that the end is near, but I'm even more happy with how it's turned out.

So happy that (whisper) "I wanna keep it!"...

No, I love giving things I've made away to ther people, expecially when I see their reaction, and I K-N-O-W what kind of reaction I'll get with this one!

It's taken a long time in the making (Sue asked me to make a quilt for her in August last year - I blogged about it here).

So I present to you the *almost* finished quilt - I've yet to finish hand-stitching around the red and black Japanese blocks - but the rest is done.

CIMG5202

CIMG5203

CIMG5205


CIMG5204

CIMG5206

CIMG5215

CIMG5216

CIMG5223

CIMG5220

Here it is spread out on my queen size bed - it covers it edge to edge perfectly. It was designed to cover a queen (as it does - to the edges) but it's primary use as a throw rug for the lounge.CIMG5219

CIMG5218

8 comments:

Leisurely Lesley said...

Your friend will be wrapt. You have definitely succeeded with the Japanese theme.

Anonymous said...

This really is a beauty!

Erin said...

WOW. That is absolutely beautiful! Just stunning. Your theme turned out perfectly. *clap clap clap*

fontainefleurie said...

This is for sure a huge job, but one whit a lot of success. It is gorgeous, your friend will be stunned! xDorie

CurlyPops said...

Oh wow that is so beautiful. I love the colours together and the quilting looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

you've done a great job and I like the strong colour choices

Anonymous said...

A beautiful quilt. You just have to be happy about that.

Eva said...

Great! The colours are soo Japan!