Friday, September 14, 2007

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anna from Serendipity gave me the answer to yesterday's question. The pictures are called photograph mosaics or photomosaics.

I'm sending Anna a fabric postcard to say thanks!!!

This is what I was talking about...

(you can download these as wallpaper for your desktop at: http://andreamosaic.org/wallpaper/)

Now that I know what they're called I've found heaps of links.

This one is particularly impressive - Infinitely zoomable photographic mosaic - its a photomasaic that just keeps going on and on and on. When I saw the first picture I couldn't imagine that it was a mosiac, but I was wrong!! note: it needs a flash player to view.

There are also heaps of programs that let you create photographic mosaics using your own photographs. My head is reeling with the possibilities!!

2 comments:

neki desu said...

hi
have you tried this link?

http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/hockney.php

you can turn any photo into mosaics a la David Hockney.

neki desu

Shirley Goodwin said...

Thanks for the links!