Sunday, April 16, 2006

Weekend report

Here are the pics of the surf on Friday. This pics hows how close (or far away) we got - just on the other side of the point out there on the right (of the picture in the top right corner) is the Bells Rip Curl Pro Surf comp. Occassionally we saw the black dot of a competing surfer on the point.


This wasn't on my list this weekend but should have (it was on last weekends and didn't get done). It is the sample for my mahine embroidery class that I'm taking at the quilt shop - it ooks better in real life. I'm hoping to do some more in other colours but if I don't this one will be fine.


The gardening also wasn't on my list but was intended. Actually it was in the form of "reeling in from recent projects". My dyeing buckets etc needed to be packed up and brought back inside...

My garden went from this...

To this!.....

I know there are a few extra pots and a lot more plants (I salvaged what I could). And yes it does appear as though 2 are empty but they're not. They're full of bulbs - Jonquils and Fresias, so I won't reap the rewards of that effort until spring - hopefully I can keep them alive til then. The other pots have a mixture of herbs (basil, lemon balm, thyme, parsley, oregano, chive), garlic, spring onions, strawberries (again will have to wait til it warms up for fruits there), rocket and lettuce.

The other item on my list that I have been working on is my fabric collage. It's not finished yet but here's a sneak peak...

Tomorrow B and I are off to the Easternats - a big revhead car show at Sandown Raceway. Hopefully the weather forecasts are right and this rain is clearing, and the day is fine and sunny as predicted. (fingers crossed). I'm off to keep working on my beading before getting ready to head out to lunch. Hope everybody has a happy easter!! To me Easter is the one day when chocolate for breakfast is accepted. I guess most people outgrow that but no me... not yet anyway... (hehehe!)

HAPPY EASTER!!!!

No comments: