Sunday, April 23, 2006

Exhibition news...

The exhibition opening went well this afternoon. There were a lot more people there than I expected and the small room was quite crowded. I suppose about half were family and close friends of the artists (still feels weird calling ourselves that), but there were a number of people not immediately attached to any of us so that was good to see. I haven't made any sales yet but that's OK with me - one lady told me she would have bought my book but bought something else instead (don't they always say that!). As I said I forgot my camera so am waiting for Robyn (from Robyn's Place who also had a couple of pieces there) to email me some of her pics - or keep an eye on her blog as she'll probably post them there first.

Oh and while I'm dropping names, you should drop by Claudia's blog - Textile Artist. She's been doing some fabulous dyeing and has some great pics of here work. She also mentioned that she was doing some dyeing this weekend and would post pics early in the week so I'm hanging around to see.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Thanks Darling for mentioning me, I can't wait to see pictures of your show, fantastic.
I got the fabric washed, and will do some dyeing today. Photos up tomorrow, or maybe this afternoon, depending on demanding children, and life in general.