Tuesday, August 02, 2005

All dressed up and nowhere to go...

Well sort of... I was already ready to get my hands dirty and have a big dye-up on Saturday. I'd planned the colours I wanted to do (I'm doing a quilt class with a friend and thought I'd make it more interesting by using my own fabrics), sorted out the quantities I'd need to mix up, had cut up and washed my fabrics and had even prepared the soda ash and salt solutions and then....

I went to get the dyes out and mix them up, only to find the vital ingredient missing AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I was going to make a range of dark purples (gradation from light to dark and another adding black), but of course you can't do that without red.

So I've just dashed out in my lunch break to my trusty dye shop to re-stock and am all ready to go!!!

No comments: