Monday, July 19, 2004

Wrap doll progress...

My wrap doll is going very well (see pic below).  I've made the armature and wrapped it with fibrefill and thread, and no she's ready to be covered in fabric strips.  I'm going to make this the 'fire spirit' and wrap her in red, oranges and yellows.  At the moment I have her sitting but still haven't decided on how to present her (and her sisters).  Perhaps she and her sisters will tell me as they start to grow.

Hey - "Spirit Sisters" - how's that for a title?

I'm really excited about this project, and the best part is that it's only taken one DVD to get to this point so it should move along quite quickly!!

The other thing I need to think about and decide on is the heads.  She needs a head as she looks a bit scary without one and it's difficult to love her for long without a head at least.

No comments: