Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Thursday's Play day

Thought I might get and give Batik a go tomorrow.  I'm still a bit dubious about it so I might do a bit of research before I leave this afternoon.  It's not the waxing that bothers me, I have that all set up and ready to go.  It's the dying that I have trouble with.  The dyes I have (procion) take time to react, and I want something quicker.  I do have a sample kit of napthol dyes but they're even scarier.  I'l see what I can find on the net but I think that the procion plastic bag method (the only one that I've tried) might be a goer.  Might also try putting the dye into spay bottles and try that method of application. 

Fingers crossed.  I'll try and take some pics of the day's results (that should ensure that I achieve something).

No comments: