Friday, July 16, 2004

Question of the week

How do you choose a project? What “calls” to you the most?
 
This a hard question, because I always find that 'starting' is the most difficult thing.  If I think about my projects for TAFE they all begin with a topic, theme or challenge, which kind of gives me a starting point.  However choosing the project for me comes down to finding something that I am passionate about.  It doesn't have to be a life-changing passion, but it does have to be something that holds my interest (and then hopefully it will hold the interest of the viewers when it's finished).
 
Things such as colours and fabrics that I like, issues that I believe in, techniques or styles that I am familiar and comfortable with, are all good starts.
 
I also find that when I am stumped about where to start that I go back to my resource books and magazines and wait for the inspiration to come - at least that's what I tell myself... it's more like a delay tactic than anything else.
 
I open to suggestions about how to make this whole 'starting' process easier - might go and check out how others have answered this question.

No comments: