(from Hasta luego - Mum and Dad's Blog)
In less than a week I'm off on an overseas trip that I have been anticipating for many many many months!! Only 7 more sleeps before I finally get the chance to see the country that my little brother Zac now calls home - Peru....
In Januray 2005 he packed up his life in Australia and set off for South America, telling us that this would be the first leg of his overseas adventure and not to expect him home in less than 5 years. That was 7 years ago, and whilst he's done a lot of travelling since then, South America has remained his home base the whole time. But enough about him :-) very soon it will be my turn to experience just some of the amazing places that I've read and heard about from other people who have been.
I have 5 weeks holiday and minimal plans except my flights over and back and 8 days in Brazil for Carnival. I will be joining my Mum and Dad, who have been in Peru since July last year (I'm so jealous!) and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!
I'mn looking forward to:
- seeing my family - yes, including the Australian contingent who have temporarily relocated to Cusco lol!
- getting to know my Sister-inlaw Milka better - and her family too!
- Machu Piccu, Inca ruins, sight seeing,, sight seeing and more sight seeing
- Markets, markets and more markets!
- Textiles, fibres, crafts, and lots and lots of colour
- New experiences
- and of course experiencing the food