Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's too hot

It's hot today...

It was hot yesterday...

It's gonna be hot again tomorrow...

It's gonna be hot again on Friday and Saturday...

And the two textile pieces that are currently sitting beside the couch for me to work on are a quilt with a heavy wool blanket for batting (the Japanese Kimono Quilt) and a pair of knitted (to be felted) slippers for Bryan. It's too hot to work on either!

I do have another project that is in the planning stages. Jeana of Unbecoming Lily has a long to-do-list and I'm helping her out by making a backpack for her daughter for kinder. I've been trawling the net looking for images and an some ideas are emerging...

I'm off to try and cool down (fat chance!!)

3 comments:

Jeana Marie said...

~m e l t i n g~

wish we could have record pleasant temperatures, or something.

Nikki said...

I hear ya!

I had a similar situation today and got very little done (except a lot of complaining....!).

tasfibre said...

It is even hot for us here in tasmania but not as hot as Vic and SA
daughter in melbourne reckoned she was going to camp out in local supermarket refridgerator aisle
definetly too hot to quilt