Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A rose by another name...

Nikki commented that the bok choy looked a bit like a stylised rose, and I think that she's right - the print especially has a rose look to it.

Bok choy print2

OK so here's my quick attempt to manipulate my Bok choy image in Paint Shop (not Photo Shop as I said yesterday - see I don't even know what program I have, let alone know how to use it!). I cropped the page to focus on one of the prints and then used a newspaper affect and then some sort of coloured edge effect (I think!).

I'm not wrapped in the image, but there are features that I like and things that I can see 'textile potential' in. I kinda like the soft greenish coloured squares that ended up around the outsides (I think that this is probably shaddow from the scanned image) - I'm seeing layered squares of sheers and other fabrics as a ground with stitching over-top...

Where to now?... I'm not sure yet, but I'd like to continue to see where this takes me. Stay tuned for further developments.

No comments: