Monday, September 15, 2008

Who'd have thought...

...that finding 36 little pale blue seed beads could be sooo difficult!!

I know the product name and number (SJ Designs Beads 1814... Lt. Antique Blue) and I have searched and discovered that the brand still exists but I can't find a supplier in Australia. It seems that these beads are popular in cross-stitch kits but I can't find anyone that sells them not in a kit.

My next step then was to find a bead that matched OR a bead that matched the thread (I am prepared to remove the one's I've already sewn on and replace them if need be) but the only ones small enough are Mill Hill beads and they don't have a colour that matches.

Looks like I'm going to have to look at US or UK suppliers or go directly to the company (one that will post to Australia). I'm off to search the net... again...

No comments: