Sunday, October 07, 2007

The results are in!.. *Eye Candy*

At long last, after a week of promises, I have the results of my dyeing to show you.

Autumn triangle


Here is the colour study triangle that I told you about. 28 fabrics (7 metres) made using 3 colours.

Colour Study Triangle Red-Yellow-Lichen


I did this in plastic bags with each bag having 6 spoons of dye in various combinations of the 4 colours. In this picture I have written the formula on some of the fabrics to show you how I did it - It seems more complicated than it is. If you want to know more just ask.

Colour Study Triangle Red-Yellow-Lichen recipe


These are the dull colours. When I first pulled them out of the machine I figured that they were all duds (bad and would need overdying). As I ironed them however I found lots of sections that had some great shapes and colours and lines (and a Spider that B found! in one - an image not a real one...)

Dull colours


And here a some more pics just cause I love the colours....

Autumn colours 2


Autumn colours


Luscious colour - 7mtrs of it


Various colours and Various fabrics


I also did another dyeing batch today because I needed some more reds and purples. There's some interesting colours amongst that batch too.

3 comments:

Aussie Jo said...

Can't wait to see what you do with all those beautiful fabrics Sophie.

Trish Goodfield said...

You've got to be very happy with the colours. Ditto I 'm looking forward to seeing what you make too.

katelnorth said...

yum - lots of lovely dyeing. can't wait to see what you do with it (says the woman who dyed on monday and promptly "filed" all the dyeing away to use "someday)