Saturday, May 05, 2007

Moving in....

Yesterday afternoon we picked up the keys to the new place. Now it's starting to feel real!! In between carting in loads of boxes and bags I've had a quick squiz at the place in an effort to answer some of those lingering questions about the place that I couldn't remember from our quick 2 minute inspection where we both spent more time trying to impress the agent (and it worked!!). Turns out renting really is a game - didn't matter about our references, what mattered is what the agent thought and we made sure she thought we were good and keen!!!!

Back to those answers...
  • the carpets are blue/green and only in the bedrooms (as I thought)
  • the other areas have timber (or timber laminate?) floors - again as I remembered;
  • There's climate contol ducted heating/cooling - thank goodness - I hadn't even thought of that!;
  • there is a clothes line - a hills hoist no less (well when I rented in Melbourne many places didn't!!)
  • and yes the garage door has a remote - whew!

A few other things that I discovered -

  • A garden shed!
  • whilst there is no garden, there's garden beds filled with gravel which will suit perfectly for all my pots (have garden will travel!) - the garden beds are gravel filled because of our severe lack of water I suppose! and probably because the house has been rented most of its life and just never been planted.
  • there's his and her sinks in the ensuite (which is HUGE!) - and no I didn't see them because I didn't look past the SPA!!!!!!

Best get moving and put the next load in the car. B is working this weekend so the heavy stuff will be done later in the week. At the moment the focus is to get everything else out.

I don't have any pics yet, but should get some by the end of the day.

1 comment:

Sandra Eileen said...

A garden shed and beds with gravel are great, potted gardens are easy to care for. Love your blog. Congrats on the new place.

http://artisan-jewelry.blogspot.com/