Saturday, January 27, 2007

Just fiddling...


Today I wanted to create, but nothing was inspiring me.



I had a pile of fabrics that I dyed early last year cut up ready for a quilt pattern that I'd bought a while back so I figured that'd be a good place to start.





I made 5 squares and it just wasn't inspiring me. I like the colours, but the way it goes together just isn't me so I decided to give up on that one - it'd never get finished anyway.




Then I figured I'd try some fusing like Melanie ar Fibremania does. Because I'd already cut all the fabric up into pieces I reassembled them onto the vliesafix and fused away. After a bit of playing I came up with a few little pieces but nothing that I'm absolutely wrapped in.



This is probably the favourite. I'm going to try some hand and machine stitching onto it and see where it goes.
This picture doesn't look right here on blogger, so for a better look try my Flickr account.


No comments: