My task this weekend was to get the binding made for "Diamond Windows" and attached and possibly start the bag that I've been designing in my head for the past 2 weeks.
I DID IT!!!
I got enthusiastic at about 10pm on Saturday night and managed to make the binding. Moving backwards and forwards between sewing machine, couch and iron, joining all of my purple strips on the bias. So now I have the binding attached and am working my way around with the hand sewing - I've done maybe a quarter this evening.
I also got the bag started and nearly finished. It's nothing special. A sewing/utility bag for a friend. It's got lots of pockets and still needs a strap and some form of closing mechanism. I also need to (somehow) apply a binding to the top and base to neaten it all up. If I can figure that out, I should get it done this week.