I didn't quite get everything from my list done, but I did manage to finish quilting my diamond quilt, now renamed "Diamond Windows". I'm still trying tofigure out how to bind it. I did an unsuccessful trial run on the red and yellow sample and now have to go back to the drawing board. I did want to use all the various purples with a few splashes of green pieced together and then applied as a border, however my testing proved that this is not so smart. It makes the binding very thick and hard to work with so it's back to the drawing board. I'm not so keen on using the backing fabric 'cause even though it's in the same tone green, being a commercial fabric it's very 'flat' and lacks the 'brightness' that the hand-dyed greens have.
Hmmmmm..... Will work on that this week.
Oh and I did get the handbag cut out and have done the fiddly bits that need to be done before assembling - the zippered pocket on one side of the lining, the patch pocket on the other side of the lining, the stitching on the handle, and half of the zip. The actual assembly now is quite quick once I finish the zip - might get that done tonight seeing as how everything is all set up still.
As for the other bag that I was planning - well... that was a bit ambitious! Should manage to draw up the pattern this week ready to get working on it next weekend.