Monday, July 18, 2005

I've been a baaaad blogger.


I'm sorry to my few, but ever so important readers who've been loyally checking here for updats and going away disappointed - I have no excuse!

I have been around, quietly reading everyones blogs but haven't commented or blogged myself. Mostly because I now work full-time and in my new job I can't get away with blogging at work. To add to that, winter in my flat is cooooooold (brrrrrrrr)!! and so the warmest place is in front of the telly with the doona and the heater.

Anyway - enough explaining!! I've also been slack on the textile front, but did make this last night. It's postcard size which is workable. I prepped a peice of material, cut it up into about 8 postcard sized pieces (with some extra room for holding) and just started stitching. I thought that if I have a pile there to work on, I might be able to one a night - or at least a couple in a week!! So that means that this week's theme is blue. This one looks like the calm seas that we went snorkelling (B went diving but I'm not qualified so it's the snorkel for me) up at Cairns on the Great Barrier Reef a few weeks ago.

2 comments:

arlee said...

I keep forgetting it's winter there--we are experiencing (finally) some summer--the sunburn may end up in my exchange for the group! :D

Sophie said...

The more I look at it, the more I think that it needs something else. Not sure what, as I cautious not to over-do it and wreck it.

Ideas anyone??