Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Mission Accomplished!!

My challenge pieces are all finished and in the mail. I am quite happy with them, although there are some things that I would do differently if I were to do them again.

I will post pics but only when the recipients have them in their hot little hands. The post office says that it will take 7-10 working days to get to their OS destinations, so it'll be a little while till they are revealed.

I have enjoyed having a task to work towards. It's very easy to 'leave it till tomorrow' when you don't have deadlines, and then I don't seem to get anywhere. B doesn't really understand. He can't see the point in doing something and then giving it away. My reply is firstly that I get something back in return, and secondly, I love to give my work to people who appreciate it - I get a bigger thrill out of that than doing it and then leaving it set on a shelf/wall for only me and him and the odd visitor to see. I can always keep pictures.

So what now?... I'm not sure at the moment. I have promised a new batch of scarves to the Hostel where I work and they are partially done so I need to get into that. I'm also looking at entering work into som e exhibitions/competitions. There are a couple that I've found out about recently and think that if I do that I can get my name and work out there for people to see, so I'll start looking at that this month too.

No comments: