Sunday, March 27, 2005

I've got some catching up to do...

I've been away for a couple of days this week. B and I took our Easter weekend early (Wed/Thurs/Fri) because he's working Sat, Sun Mon. We took ourselves off to Geelong, stayed in a nice hotel for 2 nights, went horse-riding (and still feeling it), went to the movies, and wandered about.

I also took one of my pieces of work into a Gallery down on the Great Ocean Road to see if they'd take it... They did!!! I dropped in at Christmas time and was told that there is a 2 year wait, but to bring it in an show them and they see about it. It seems that the owner has a soft spot for Textiles and waived the waiting list, promising to hang it after Easter (pitty she couldn't do it straight away cause it quietens down after Easter but anyway...). She was a bit dubious about the price, saying that anything over $1000 doesn't seem to sell, but has agreed to hang it and we'll see how it goes. As I see it, my work is nothing like anything that she has there so it has that going for it. I'm going to work on some smaller pieces in the same vein (the one I took is the one at the top of the page - the green trees) and see if she'll take them.

I've also been working on some more scarves (I'll post pics when they're done Claire so you can choose yours). Yesterday I did 20 rust dyed ones, and tomorrow I'll finish the batik ones with procion dyes (another dozen). There are also some orders that I need to work on but they'll have to wait cause I've got no blanks left. Mum's been selling them up in Queensland, and I'll take a batch back into work when they're done and do up a bit of a display.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Sophie congratulations on your gallery coup. I hope you get a sale :-) Can't wait to see the scarves. Now my sewing room is clean I'm all keen to start your bag tonight

arlee said...

Congrats Soph--looks like things are looking up for you, and you're busy!!