Saturday, January 22, 2005

Scarves, scarves and more scarves...

I've just applied another layer of wax to my batik scarves this morning. They are now sitting in their dyebaths (plastic bags) sucking up all that beautiful colour. Depending on how they look, and how deep the colour is, this should be the last layer - some now have 3 layers of wax and some only 2.

Next step... rinse out dye when I return from work tonight, dry and then remove wax. Then it's off to the dry cleaners for a final clean, so that they go all soft and shiny and silky again (Of course, I don't tell the dry cleaner that I've made them, or dyed them, in case he won't take them)

I was going to give the discharge dyeing a go today, but I'm running out of time before I have to go to work, so I might just go and work on the altered book/journal that I started the other night.

No comments: