I actually met my goal this weekend - well... almost... I said that I'd have my silhouetted trees piece finished by Thursday evening. I didn't quite manage that, but I did have it done by Saturday evening!!
That's 2 down, a third nearly done and 2 to go!! The end is in sight!!
After talking to my Tutor on Friday, I have made a few decisions about the remining pieces.
- One will be another silhouetted trees piece, this time in greens and browns and with foliage as well (I've got some sampling to do there); and
- The other will be in the same vein as the footsteps piece, in as much as I'll be dyeing fabrics and peicing them together in a similar way. This time the image will be leave (I think) and the timeline will be that of a fire burning through bush - from old growth, to burning, to burnt, to regrowth, to old growth again.
If I get time I may even do another piece to replace the figures, as I've got some ideas for a third silhouette.
So... seeing that my goal setting was effective last week, here are this weeks goals - lets see how we go....
- Monday evening -
do dye samples
Wash fabric ready for dyeing on Tuesday
dissolve soluble vylene from trees and lay out to dry
- Tuesday evening -
wash and dry dye samples and decide on colours
- Dye fabric for next strip piece
- Wednesday evening - wash and dry dyed fabrics
- draw up image for strip (leaves) and do sample layout
- draw images onto freezer paper for laying out
- Thursday - Take silhouetted trees (1) to framer for framing
- Get soluble vylene from MacPhersons
- get threads for silhouetted trees (2) from spotlight
- get threads for leaves strip
- Piece strip together
- layout images
- sample stitching for silhouetted trees (2)
I think I may be a bit toooo ambitious here, but I do need to get them done ASAP!! Only a week and a half till the photographer comes, so I NEED TO DO THIS!!!