Wednesday, November 12, 2008

No pics yet, but soon.... I promise...

I had a fantastic day at the bag workshop on the weekend!! My bag is only part finished but is starting to take shape nicely and I'm looking forward to snatching some time in the coming days to finish it. I was going to give you a sneak peak but thought it would be better to wait till it's finished - it will look much better then.

I was really impressed with the workshop and was amazed that each of us made a different bag from a different pattern and all without Nicole getting flustered at all. As she pointed out at the beginning, we may not all get our bags finished, depending on how big and how complex our chosen bag was, but that we should think about what it is that we wanted to learn and focus on that. I really wanted to find out about adjustable straps and attaching handles with rings, and I achieved that.

I even managed the public transport with my suitcase quite easily.

2 comments:

Leisurely Lesley said...

Hi there Sophie, I am very curious about this bag and what it looks like. Where was the workshop and who was your tutor?

Nikki said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the results, too! So sorry it took so long to find your blog again!~ I'll pop it in Bloglines now!